CIC Association

Serving Community Enterprise

I am just doing what used to be called the Annual Return at Companies House which is now called a Confirmation Statement. There are some extra categories of information you have to give them, one of which is to register People with Significant Control which having read the sparse info given, doesn't seem to apply to our company.

Has anyone done one of these to say: 

The company knows or has reasonable cause to believe that there is no
registrable person or registrable relevant legal entity in relation to the

company

and if so, what has been Co Houses's response?

We have 5 Directors, none of whom has ultimate control - and three of us are also employed by the company but none of whom again has any overall control.

Thanks for any help with this.

Views: 355

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Jane

Do let us know how you get on with this, as it's new we are all trying to understand what is needed.I dont know of any who have declared no PSCs but imagine there should be a reasonable amount of CICs who will. 

3.4 Companies without PSCs 3.4.1 The PSC requirements apply whether your company has a PSC or not. If you have taken all reasonable steps and are confident that there are no individuals or legal entities which meet any of the conditions (i) to (v) in relation to your company, you must enter that fact on the PSC register. The register must say that: “The company knows or has reasonable cause to believe that there is no registrable person or registrable relevant legal entity in relation to the company.”

87 pages of guidance here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_dat...

So you'll still need to keep a register. Everyone can see the 5 Director details online

Hi John

Thanks for the reply - and the substantial guidance which I hadn't seen. Hope that having raised the issue will help other people as well.

I have now submitted the Confirmation Statement saying that we have no PSCs and I will wait to hear (if I do) about it - and let you know if there is any fallout.

RSS

Groups

From Funding Central

Events

© 2019   Created by John Mulkerrin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service