CIC Association

Serving Community Enterprise

James Macfarlane's Discussions (91)

Discussions Replied To (83) Replies Latest Activity

"I am not sure what you mean by a "single director/member version" but the model arti…"

James Macfarlane replied Feb 20 to Amending Articles of Association for 1 Director and 1 Member

3 Feb 20
Reply by Ariane Mercurius-Taylor

"1. Probably, but remember that your activities will have a knock-on effect on the wi…"

James Macfarlane replied Feb 7 to Professional Body as a CIC

4 Feb 9

"1. You must satisfy the community benefit test, but this is a really low bar: the CI…"

James Macfarlane replied Feb 7 to Professional Body as a CIC

4 Feb 9

"Emil I see no reason why not. If your LTD co is giving money to your CIC without get…"

James Macfarlane replied Jan 20 to Can I sponsor (LTD) my CIC?

2 Jan 20
Reply by Emil Glownia

"Yes, the PSC register was introduced to increase transparency and is separate to the…"

James Macfarlane replied Jan 15 to Re: Sue Westwood

3 Jan 15
Reply by Sue Westwood

"The BLF generally wants at least three unrelated people on the board. I don't think…"

James Macfarlane replied Jan 14 to Related Directors (family connection) Is this a big issue?

2 Jan 15
Reply by Sue Westwood

"HMRC's guidance on awarding CASC status is here - https://www.gov.uk/government/publ…"

James Macfarlane replied Nov 28, 2017 to Founding CIC as CASC compliant

1 Nov 28, 2017
Reply by James Macfarlane

"I think that's correct, and would suggest contacting the regulator to check if their…"

James Macfarlane replied Nov 28, 2017 to Hilary Sudbury - is it possible to convert from a CIC Ltd by Share to a CIC Ltd by Guarantee?

3 Nov 28, 2017
Reply by Hilary Sudbury

"You can generally assign the partnership's debt to the CIC but you would need permis…"

James Macfarlane replied Nov 15, 2017 to Can you convert to a CIC if you were a partnership?

6 Nov 27, 2017
Reply by Peter Hart

"Hi Peter The word "convert" is misleading. What happens is you would incorporate a C…"

James Macfarlane replied Nov 14, 2017 to Can you convert to a CIC if you were a partnership?

6 Nov 27, 2017
Reply by Peter Hart

RSS

Groups

From Funding Central

Events

© 2018   Created by John Mulkerrin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service