CIC Association

Serving Community Enterprise


We are in the very early stages of establishing our CIC. We have decided we will pay ourselves as directors for the tasks we are doing to keep us motivated to keep going. I am however confused about how to proceed with this. Do we need to set up HMRC as an employer? We won't be having contracts as we are just doing our duty as director/office holder. As far as I'm concerned we need to deduct NI contribution from the payments made. Does this mean we do not need Employer's liability insurance?
Anyone who can shed some clarification on this?

Views: 80

Reply to This


From Funding Central


© 2021   Created by John Mulkerrin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service