One of the things that the CIC Association can offer the emerging CIC community is online facilities.
This group is set up to discuss the various applications that could be fostered or developed for CICs.
The following ideas have been discussed
- an online marketplace
- a directory of CIC's
- a pooled community blog of CIC ress releases and stories
- a regular email to all CIC's
- an online advertising network hosted on CIC's websites
- a pool of case studies and printable information about CICs to show to stakeholders, banks, investors etc
- some "How to" guides for people starting out - how to get funding (especially as a lot of funders still haven't heard of CICs and will only fund charities), how to register, how to file accounts etc.
- social network integration with linkedIn, twitter, facebook etc
What does everyone think of these ideas? What is really important?