CIC Association

Serving Community Enterprise

Hi all, I'm looking for some advice. I have set up a community interest company Help4Wales Foundation. I'm looking to get insurance to cover the business, staff and volunteers but am finding this quite difficult.

As an organisation we offer workshops to vulnerable individuals and are in the process of setting up a animal fostering scheme for families fleeing domestic abuse. We also work with charities offering help and support for the homeless.

Any advice would be greatly received thank you Jemma

Views: 269

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Jemma,

I had a look at your profile after you answered my question yesterday and I notice that no-one has come back with an answer about insurance.   I'm sure you have sorted it b now but Public Liability Insurance might be somewhere to start:  Public liability insurance covers the cost of legal action and compensation claims made against your business if a third party is injured or their property suffers damage whilst at your business premises or when you are working in their home, office or business property.

The only thing is...I am not sure about the animals!  Have you tried calling other animal fostering agencies?

Thank you for your reply. I have finally found an insurance company that will cover the animals in foster and the volunteers. I had to get a separate policy for events but all are just what I needed :)

Hi Jemma

Who did you get the cover through? Always good to know and share



Hi apologies for the delay in replying. I have used Cliverton Insurance (  as they were able to supply a policy that covered my volunteers and animals that we will foster to support individuals fleeing domestic abuse. Hope this helps

Perfect! Glad to hear it!



From Funding Central


© 2022   Created by John Mulkerrin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service