CIC Association

Serving Community Enterprise

Hello all CIC-ers.

Thanks to the creation of this brilliant resource and community.

We (Creative Arts Therapy CIC or CAT Devon CIC) are slowly establishing ourselves, and we're trying to work out how to have a free registered business address, but which isn't one of our home addresses as these we understand are on public view on Companies House records. We need to have high degree of confidentiality of our addresses, and security at the address that we use for registering the CIC. We're not in receipt of start-up funding yet, and we'll be self-funding much to begin with so free or cheap ideas much appreciated. Thank you. 

Views: 210

Replies to This Discussion

I had my registered address for free by a generous solicitor, a local friendly accountant may help or you could ask a local business incubator


You are right that the registered office address is in the public domain so, if you use a director’s home address, that will be out there for all to see. Two other things to bear in mind: (a) a registered office address must be a full postal address, not a PO box number (the rules state "You can use a PO Box, but you must still include a physical address and postcode"); and (b) anything sent to the registered office address must reach the company promptly and reliably.

There are private outfits that will provide an address for the company, and scan and forward any papers that arrive there, for around £30 pa. You can search for them online. Otherwise is there a local sympathetic voluntary or charitable organisation that would allow you to be legally domiciled at their address? If you have engaged an accountant or solicitor for regular business matters, they may provide a registered office service.

John and Charlie thank you for really helpful insights. An accountant can provide us with a service but its costly so I am grateful to have other peoples' experiences of other options.


Hello. Our completion of the CIC36 form has brought out a point we'd appreciate clarify on. Which document do we report against annually - the CIC36 or 34? Or an entirely different document. Again many thanks in advance for helping clear up this matter. Best wishes, Gin 

Use the CIC34 for annual reporting. The CIC36 is only needed to secure registration, Post-registration, it is essentially a historical document.

Dear Charlie, perfect thank you.

I hope I can dig a bit more for your wisdom, and explain the issue with more nuance. Now you've confirmed the form CIC34 is the report form, and I've read the example Village Shop which neatly evidences how to write the impacts, in my mind there will be other documents any CIC would be wise to create (must create) stating their social impacts clearly against which the content of the annual report is generated and should be congruent with - it is this document's name that I'm fishing for - any suggestions please? Many thanks


Social audit?

Thank you Charlie, gives my a lead. best wishes, Gin



From Funding Central


© 2022   Created by John Mulkerrin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service